Your guide to planning your wedding
We're here to help with every detail
The question has been popped and the ring presented. You’ve celebrated with friends and family and now the exciting bit starts…the planning! But where do you start?
Our Wedding Planners Jemma, Kate and Laura can help you every step of the way. Below is our step by step guide to planning your wedding but don’t worry, once you book your wedding with us we make sure there is plenty of time for planning meetings.
- Set your budget – talk to each other and decide how much you can and want to spend. The earlier you do this the easier it will be to plan all the other details.
- Get inspired – Pinterest, Instagram, good old fashioned bridal magazines, get a feel of how you want your wedding to look and the theme you might follow.
- Start your guest list – we’re not looking at final numbers, but just a rough idea of how many people you would like to invite so that you know what size venue/wedding room you may need.
- Think about dates – this isn’t set in stone but if you have an idea of the time of year you would like to get married it will help when looking at venues
- Choose a venue – Book a showround at Slaley Hall and let us show you why we’re the perfect venue for your magical day.
- Send save the dates – ensure your friends and family have your special day in their diary as soon as possible!
- Suppliers – flowers, lighting, DJ’s, the list goes on. Fear not, we have worked with trusted suppliers for years and can recommend companies to help you every step of the way.
- The dress – give yourself plenty of time to choose the dress. Many dresses have to be ordered from abroad so you need a good few months from buying to fitting!
- Gift registry, website and hashtag – what’s a wedding without a hashtag?! Set up your personalised hashtag to use on social media in the run up and on the day of your wedding. We all love a bit of shopping and this is one of the most exciting parts of planning your wedding – the gift list. Whether you choose a high street retailer or an online gift company ensure you have a variety of price ranges for your guests to choose from. A personalised wedding website if the best way to keep your guests up to date with all your vital wedding information.
- The parties! – Engagement party, hen and stag party – plan your guest lists, dates and venues and let the party commence!
- Send your invitations – Invites should be sent out at least 8 weeks prior to your wedding day with the RSVP within 3 weeks of the date.
- Buy the rings and book the honeymoon
- Final details – we’ll work with you to ensure all the little details are taken care of so you can relax in the run up to your big day.
- The big day – the day is here and the team are ready to create your dream wedding, so enjoy each and every minute!